Wednesday, January 4, 2012

TROUBLES OF TELLING THE TRUTH

Leave a Comment

         Always tell the truth, never tell a lie. We are all taught this since our childhood. This phrase becomes like a malfunctioning record player being played by our parents, teachers, books and even cartoon channels. So have you ever wondered that in spite of such a concerted effort by everyone why do people still lie? Because of the troubles of telling the truth. Take a simple example, you are assigned a role in Toastmasters session and you don’t feel like coming, if you tell that to the VP Ed, he will give you a rollicking, you meet some other fellow toastmaster he/she gives you another dose and finally you get a special call from the spectacled Big Boss who combines all of the above and then adds his own spice to the dish.
        I am going to tell you what are the various troubles that a person faces when he/she speaks the truth.
1.      1.  More Trouble:  I once boarded a bus with my friend. Back in those days having a cell phone was a luxury and my friend had one. He was boasting about his phone all though the journey. When we got down, not only was his phone missing, his pocket was also missing. And you all know how a pocket is positioned in a guy’s pant. He was lucky that he still had you know what. Damn he was speaking the truth that his cell phone is awesome.
2.      2.  No one believes in you: After I joined French classes, the first day the teacher came in and asked, “So what is the first thing that comes in your mind when you hear the word French”. I started waving my hand vigorously because I wanted to make an impression. He said yes you the skeleton say. I said sir the first thing that comes to my mind is French Kiss. I was thrown out of class. Damn I was speaking the truth.
3.      3.  People cannot accept the truth : When that teacher called me a skeleton, the things which were running on my mind were “You have a paunch which makes you look like a pregnant man and you call me a skeleton?” Damn he was only speaking the truth. Another example when your gf asks you am I looking fat, never ever utter the truth that yes sweetheart day by day you are swelling and my purse is deflating. Instead use the latest simili added in English, you are as slim as Anirban. That might however result in she blaming you – so you are saying that I suffer from malnutrition?
        So, what do we do? Thankfully Newton saved us, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The reaction to the action of troubles when you tell the truth is a lie. Tell a lie. Liars have helped in growth of technology. Do you ever find a truth detector? But there is a lie detector. Politicians make a livelihood by telling a lie. Music directors get awards by telling a lie that it is their own tune. So how do you tell a lie? Thankfully for all you innocent souls in this room you have a master to guide you.
1.      1.  A wild lie: After my friend suffered the next time I boarded a bus and a friend of mine asked me how much money am carrying in my purse. I told him “Purse? Are you crazy? Can’t you see am not even wearing a pant!” It helped. The person sitting in front of me stood up and offered me his seat by moving away from me. The conductor didn’t ask me for tickets. Damn telling a lie helps!
2.      2.  Fabricate the truth: After a lot of dillydallying I was allowed to rejoin my French classes but in a different batch. And this time my answer was French Fries. Not only did it serve the purpose, the teacher even treated us with French fries on that day. . Damn telling a lie helps!
3.      3.  And finally avoid the truth: When your gf asks you that question, simply change the topic to baby it’s been ages we went out for a dinner together. You are saved.
        I told you about both sides of the coin. I leave it upon you whether you want to choose heads or tail. But to help you make your choice here is a final clue. Whatever anecdotes I used in my articles are all lies.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment